Statement of Faith
STATEMENT OF FAITH
1. We believe the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments to be the verbally and plenary inspired Word of God. The Scriptures are inerrant, infallible, and God-breathed, and therefore are the only rule of faith and practice. The sixty-six books of the Old and New Testament are the complete and divine revelation of God to man. The Scriptures shall be interpreted according to their normal grammatical-historical meaning. The King James Version of the Bible shall be the official and only translation used by the school (II Timothy 3:16-17; II Peter 1:20-21).
2. We believe there is only one Triune God, eternally existing in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, each co-eternal in being, co-identical in nature, co-equal in power and glory, and having the same attributes and perfections. God the Father reigns with providential care over all His creation and is all-powerful, all-loving, and all-wise. God is Father in truth to those who become His children through faith in Jesus Christ. (Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 28:19; II Corinthians 13:14; John 14:10, 26: Luke 1:35; Phil. 2:5-8; Acts 2:18-36; Romans 3:24-25; Hebrews 9:24; I John 2:1-2)
3. We believe that the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God who convicts the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment, and exalts Christ. He calls men to the Savior and is the supernatural agent in regeneration. He is the divine teacher, and He inspired Holy men of old to write the Bible. Through illumination He enables us to understand the Scriptures. We believe that He bestows spiritual gifts by which every Christian should serve God through the local church. We believe that the sign gifts of the Holy Spirit, such as speaking in tongues and the gift of healing were temporary. We believe that speaking in tongues was never the common or necessary sign of the baptism or filling of the Holy Spirit and the ultimate deliverance of the body from sickness or death awaits the consummation of our salvation in the resurrection, though God frequently chooses to answer the prayers of believers for physical healing. (John 16:8-11; II Peter 1:20-21; I Corinthians 13:8; I Corinthians 14:21-22).
4. We believe that man was created by a special act of God, in the image and likeness of God, but by choice man sinned resulting in the fall of the human race, inheriting a sinful nature and became alienated from God. Man is totally depraved, and, of himself, utterly unable to remedy his lost condition. (Genesis 1:26-27; Romans 3:22-23; Romans 5:12)
5. We believe that salvation is a gift of God brought to man by grace and is received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. In its broadest sense, salvation includes regeneration (being born again), sanctification, and glorification. (John 1:12; Ephesians 2:8-10; John 3:3; II Corinthians 1:10)
6. We believe in the security of the believer – that all the redeemed, once saved, are kept by God’s power and are secure in Christ forever. (John 6:37-40; John 10:27-30)
7. We believe in the deity of Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death, His literal physical resurrection, and His ascension to the right hand of the Father. We believe in the personal, imminent return of Christ to rapture the saved prior to the tribulation.
8. At the end of the seven-year tribulation, Jesus will personally and visibly return with His saints and establish the Messianic Kingdom which He has promised. (Luke 1:35; Phil. 2:5-8; Acts 2:18-36; Romans 3:24; Hebrews 9:24; I John 2:1-2; I Thessalonians 4:13-18; Revelation 19:11-16; Revelation 20:1-6)
9. We believe in the bodily resurrection of all men – the saved to eternal life and the unsaved to everlasting punishment. (John 11:25-26; Luke 16:19-26; Revelation 20:11-15; Matthew 25:41-46)
10. We believe that Satan is a person, the author of sin, and the cause of the fall of man. He is the open and declared enemy of God and man, and he shall be eternally punished in the lake of fire. (Isaiah 14:12-17; Matthew 4:2-11; Revelation 20:10)
11. We believe in the Genesis account of creation and that God created the universe and everything in it in six literal 24-hour days. We reject evolution and all unscriptural theories of origin. (Genesis 1-2; Exodus 20:11)
12. We believe that God has ordained and created all authority consisting of three basic institutions: (1) the home, (2) civil government, and (3) the church. Every person is subject to these authorities, but all are answerable to God and should be governed by His word. God has given each institution specific Biblical responsibilities and balanced those responsibilities with the understanding that no institution has the right to infringe upon the other. These three institutions are equal and sovereign in their respective Biblically-assigned spheres of responsibility under God. (Romans 13:1-7; Ephesians 5:22-6:4; I Peter 2:13-14)
13. We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of marriage between a man and a woman. We believe that any form of homosexuality, lesbianism, bisexual, bestiality, incest, fornication, adultery, and pornography are sinful perversions of God’s gift of sex. (Genesis 2:24; Genesis 19:5,13; Genesis 26:8-9; Leviticus 18:1-30; Romans 1:26-29; I Corinthians 5:1; I Corinthians 6:9; I Thessalonians 4:1-8; Hebrews 13:4).
14. We believe that human life begins at conception and the unborn child is a living human being. Abortion constitutes the unjustified, unexcused taking of unborn human life. Abortion is murder. We reject any teaching that abortions of pregnancies due to rape, incest, birth defects, gender selection, birth or population control, or the mental well-being of the mother are acceptable. (Job 3:16; Psalm 51:5; Psalm 139:14-16; Isaiah 44:24; Isaiah 49:1, 5; Jeremiah 1:5; Jeremiah 20:15-18; Luke 1:44)
15. We believe that Christians are prohibited from bringing civil lawsuits against other Christians or churches to resolve personal disputes. We believe the church possesses all the resources necessary to resolve personal disputes between members. We do believe, however, that a Christian may seek compensation for injuries from another Christian’s insurance company as long as the claim is pursued without malice or slander. (I Corinthians 6:1-8; Ephesians 4:31-32)
All ICA families are welcome to join us for church services at Fort Cooper Baptist Church. Below is our weekly schedule. We have services and classes from all ages - nursery, children of all ages, teenagers, adults, and seniors. We also have bus transportation available every Sunday morning. Call the number below if interested in our bus ministry or would like more information about our church.
Sundays 9:30 AM - Sunday School (classes for all ages)
Sundays 10:30 AM - Main Service and Junior Church
Sundays 6:00 PM - Evening Service
Wednesdays 7:00 PM - Adult Bible Study and Children's / Teens Classes